The Hoosier Authors Book Club began as part of our Indiana State Bicentennial programming for 2016. The Museum’s 2016 exhibit discussed the Golden Age of Indiana Literature, which began with the publication of Lew Wallace’s Ben-Hur and went on to include prominent novelists such as Crawfordsville native Meredith Nicholson, Gene Stratton-Porter, and others.
Our next meeting will be September 21 at 7 p.m. to discuss The Bears of Blue River by Charles Major.
Book club participation is free and open to the public, but space is limited. To RSVP or for more information call 765-362-5769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming book discussions
September 21, 2017 – The Bears of Blue River – Charles Major
November 2, 2017 – Ben-Hur
Past books discussed
- The Magnificent Ambersons – Booth Tarkington
- The House of a Thousand Candles – Meredith Nicholson
- The Hoosier School-Master – Edward Eggleston
- Sister Carrie – Theodore Dreiser
- Prince of Graustark – George B. McCutcheon
- The Storied Sea – Susan E. Wallace
- Alice of Old Vincennes – Maurice Thompson
- The Fault in Our Stars – John Green
- A Girl of the Limberlost – Gene Stratton-Porter
- The Friendly Persuasion – Jessamyn West
- God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater – Kurt Vonnegut
- On Her Own Ground: The Life and Times of Madam C.J. Walker – A’Lelia Bundles