Explore our programs!
Each year, the General Lew Wallace Study & Museum presents educational and entertaining programs for learners of all ages that demonstrate the qualities of leadership, ingenuity, exploration, and character that General Wallace embodied throughout his life. Wallace was a non-traditional learner and largely self-educated, but late in life, he was a vocal proponent of education of all kinds.
In 2019, our programs will include:
- Annual Exhibit: From Crawfordsville to Constantinople: Traveling with the Wallaces – Learn about the places Lew and Susan Wallaces visited, why they had the opportunity to travel so extensively, and what Susan wrote about their travels.
- Hoosier Authors Book Club – Meeting to discuss books by Hoosier authors and about important Hoosiers.
- ArchiCamp – A two-day architecture-based day camp for children ages 8-12.
- Hoosier Movie Nights – We’ll be watching the movie versions of several books written by Hoosier authors.
- Adult Lecture Series – Including lectures from Dr. Howard Miller about Ben-Hur as well as lectures about Kurt Vonnegut, Gene Stratton-Porter, and more.
- TASTE! of Montgomery County – Our annual summer fundraiser, this is a festival of sights, sounds, and tastes that can’t be missed!
- Lew Wallace Hoosier Author Fair – Meet Indiana authors, talk about writing, and buy signed books on Small Business Saturday.
- Holiday Tea & Fashion Show – Our winter fundraiser, this is a great way to kick off the holiday season!
Download a list of 2019 Fall/Winter Programs here.