Reopening the museum safely requires careful planning and preparation. The Museum wants to make our policies as clear as possible in order to best serve our visitors while protecting the safety of visitors and staff.
We are currently experimenting with online bookings for our visitors’ convenience. Please visit our online bookings page to reserve your time slot.
What to expect when you come for a tour:
- This is a guided tour with museum staff.
- Staff will be wearing masks.
- Staff will be sanitizing between every tour.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for visitors to use at the front counter.
What we expect from our visitors:
- The State of Indiana mandates that masks be worn in public buildings effective July 27, 2020. Your compliance is appreciated.
- Visitors should wash or sanitize hands prior to entry.
- We recommend calling ahead to reserve a time. If you don’t reserve a time, you may be asked to wait outside if a tour is already in progress when you arrive. You can also reserve a time slot online at our WaitWhile bookings page.
- One carload of visitors will be allowed per tour.
- We strongly prefer debit/credit card payment over cash.
- Maintain 6 feet social distancing.
- Choose another time to visit if you have experienced the following symptoms: fever, cough, cold, headache, shortness of breath, sore throat, joint and muscle pain, or if you have been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Hoosier Hospitality Promise
We’ve made the Hoosier Hospitality Promise implemented by Visit Indiana. Visitors who show their Promise Pass will receive discounted admission of $5 per adult.